What Is Physical Wellness?
Physical wellness entails paying attention to and caring for your body in order to achieve optimal health and performance. Taking care of your physical health will aid you in overcoming stress, anxiety, and other mental ailments.
Physical wellness is the ability to maintain a level of health that allows you to get the most out of your daily activities without becoming exhausted or overwhelmed. Physical wellness acknowledges the impact of our everyday routines and actions on our general health, well-being, and quality of life.
Examine your physical well-being.
Do you consume healthy meals and pay attention to your hunger cues?
Do you drink plenty of water throughout the day and stay hydrated?
Do you try and maintain a consistent sleep routine and receive 8 hours of sleep per night?
Do you make an effort to move your body on a daily basis?
Do you wash your hands frequently to avoid getting a cold or the flu?
Do you engage in mentally stimulating activities?
How to Set Physical Wellness Goals
It is a fundamental element of being human to have goals for things we want to do and to strive towards them. The road to our objectives may not always be smooth or easy, but setting goals, big or small, is an important component of living a happy life. It provides us with a feeling of meaning and purpose, directs us in the right path, and keeps us interested and involved, all of which contribute to our overall happiness.
- Break down your overall Physical Wellness goals into short, detailed, and attainable mini-goals.
- Maintain a journal to track your improvement or other form of accountability.
- Before beginning, consult your doctor for a medical check-up – some aspects of physical wellbeing need to be monitored by a professional.
Physical Wellness Tips and Tricks
There’s a range of activities and behaviours you can implement to improve your Physical Wellness. We’ve listed some of our favourites below:
- Get Active: Many medical issues have been related to sedentary lifestyles. Moving more and sitting less might have a significant impact on one’s health. Even a small amount of action at a time can be beneficial. When it comes to physical activity, every minute matters.
- Eat Healthy: Every day, we make dozens of judgments. When it comes to determining what to eat and how to feed our family and ourselves, making good decisions can be a lot easier than you might imagine. A healthy eating plan contains a range of healthy foods in addition to limiting unhealthy items.
- Get Good Sleep: Most people need 8 hours of sleep a night to stay healthy and alert. Your body craves a regular routine especially when it comes to sleep. If your sleep cycle is constantly being disrupted, many negative symptoms can erupt such as extreme fatigue, sluggishness, memory issues, emotional instability and even an increase in sicknesses.
- Spend time in nature: Going outdoors and enjoying time in the natural environment boosts vitamin D, which plays a key role in boosted immunity and the growth and maintenance of strong and healthy bones.
- Keep stress in check: Practising self-care and relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing exercises and meditation, can help you manage stress and deal with it more effectively. So, take time out from your day to focus on yourself!
What are the benefits of Physical Wellness?
There are many benefits to being emotionally well. Some of them relate to yourself and how you carry out day-to-day activities. Others relate to how you interact with the people around you. Here we’ve listed just some of the benefits of Emotional Wellness:
- Strengthen Your Bones and Muscles
- Improve Your Ability to Participate in Activities
- Increase Your Chances of Living Longer
- Reduce Your Health Risk
- Improve Mental Health
- Improve Overall Mood and Wellbeing
The Eight Dimensions of Wellness
Physical Wellness is one of the eight “dimensions of wellness.”
These are areas where you can improve your mental health and wellbeing.
As you progress towards fulfilling your goals in each dimension, you will experience an increasing sense of achievement and mental wellbeing in all areas of your life.
How Stride can help
Wherever you are in your journey and whatever you are experiencing, we’re here to help you create the life you want. We work side-by-side with you to provide specialist mental health services to improve your quality of life.
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about our services.
Find a Stride Service
We provide mental health services to everyone, from babies and their parents – all the way through to people in their sixties.Search