Our Mission & Impact
Helping people have a better day, today and tomorrow
Last year we helped over 17,000 people access the support they needed for their mental wellbeing. It’s not always easy, but with our dedicated and determined people on your side, we hope to be the best companion someone could have during their mental health journey and recovery.
In this our mission is simple. We provide services to support people at all stages of their mental health journey, from early intervention services, designed to support children, young people and adults at-risk of developing mental health conditions, to services for people with ongoing and complex needs. Wherever people are in their journey, we work with them to create the life they want.
The mental health sector is experiencing immense change. Now more than ever, Australia needs evidence-based services that support early intervention and provide high-quality mental health care.
Here’s how we’re working through this:
- As Australia’s largest provider of ‘integrated service centres’, Stride offers tailored mental health support to children, adults, families and carers including their employment and housing needs.
- We support over 100 people through our residential services – helping them to stay active in their communities – and avoid homelessness and hospital admissions.
- Since late 2015, we’ve helped over 800 people navigate the NDIS.
- Since 2016, Queensland has helped families change the path of their child’s emotional development and reduce the risk of more serious problems developing later on.
- In 2018, we partnered with a Queensland health service – providing early intervention support that helps people with a mental health condition before it reaches crisis point.
- In 2019, we partnered with service providers in Brisbane to run a Safe Space that supports people, with suicidal thoughts figure out their next steps and avoid emergency services.
Since I have been with Stride I have got my full licence back, bought a car, and found casual work with the support from the staff at Stride.Steven, Newcastle
Stride has supported me with the opportunities that have come up for training so I can have paid employment as a barista.Josh, Sydney
My Stride support worker helps me every day with medication, shopping, preparing food and general everyday support. Since I’ve been with Stride I feel supported and overall I am happy.Maria, Sydney
Make a Donation
Help us be there for those experiencing a mental health concern with services that support them every step of the way.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up to date on how Stride is changing lives for children all the way through to people in their sixties and beyond.Subscribe