Mental health services for adults: navigating adult life
Stride is here to help you have a good day, today and tomorrow. No matter where you’re at in your recovery – whether you’re reaching out or branching out – we have a huge amount of experience in supporting those with complex and enduring adult mental health needs.
What does recovery look like?
Recovery doesn’t mean you don’t experience the symptoms or effects of your mental health condition. Rather it’s about finding a balance in your social, personal and emotional wellbeing that supports you to live a meaningful life that is satisfying and purposeful for you. We are here to support you to live the life you want.
We bring adult mental health services together
Our evidence based approach to your care means you’ll always get the best support possible – whether it’s individual sessions with a therapist, group support, community outreach, or finding a job or home.
For those whose adult mental health presents as a psychosocial disability, we can help make the most of your individual NDIS plan through our specialist services as well as coordinate your supports.
I feel like I can do whatever I want to do such as going to the shops, making my own meals, going to the movies with Stride staff members and I just love it here.Dianne, Sydney
A one-to-one support service to help you set goals
Sit down with a specialist at MHCSS and talk to them about what recovery means for you. They’ll help you come up with a plan for your future.
- Ages 18 +
- Located in Charleville, Roma and St George
- Supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on Thursday Island
- Help with work or study
- Find a home and community you’d like to live in
Take the time you need to feel better
Mental Health Clinical Care Coordination helps you take recovery at your own pace, with caring mental health professionals ready to help you along the way.
- Community outreach, home visits and drop-in centres
- Group and individual therapy
- Psychosocial support
- Support for families and carers
Accommodation for adults with 24/7 professional support
Our residential services provide adults with a diagnosed mental health condition a safe place to live in supported group accommodation and support either before a hospital admission (Step Up) or after (Step Down).
- Day to day living skills
- NDIS Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) available
- Clinical and non-clinical short-term support in Canberra
Supporting people ineligible for the NDIS
If you were in a mental health program (for example PiR, PHaMs or D2DL) before the NDIS, Continuity of Support (COS) or our National Psychosocial Support (NPS) program may allow you to get the help you need.
- Located across NSW and QLD
- Assistance re-testing NDIS eligibility
- Mental Health Support
- Assistance accessing community supports
Listen to Dean’s inspiring story
Dean was approved for NDIS funding for his complex mental health issues. He feels much better now that he has the right support and can get out of the house. Stride changed everything for him.
Know your rights when it comes to mental health
Talk to a Patient Rights Adviser about your treatment. They’re here to help with any concerns or questions you might have.
- Located in 6 hospitals across Brisbane
- Know your rights under the Mental Health Act 2016
- Learn how an Advance Health Directive can help
- Make an official complaint
Group support and self-help at our Stride Hub
Stride Hub brings all the services needed for recovery into one centre. It’s a support service for anyone on the road to recovery – as well as their carers.
- Ages 18 +
- Located in Caboolture, Ipswich and Springwood, QLD
- LikeMind is located in Orange and Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Mental and physical health support
- Employment and education
- Drug and alcohol counselling
Find a Stride Service
We provide mental health services to everyone, from babies and their parents – all the way through to people in their sixties.Explore