How Stride’s headspace Work and Study Program is supporting young people to enter the workforce
by Kat Rowe | March 1, 2023
Are you a young person keen to enter the workforce or want to find the right job for you?
Stride operates four headspace centres that offer the headspace Work and Study Program to help when you’re ready to take that first big step towards finding employment. You can find these centres in Geelong, Meadowbrook and Townsville.
The headspace Work and Study program is available as an additional service for young people who are engaged in clinical support at headspace.
Since 2016, the headspace Work and Study Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Program has helped countless young people realise their vocational goals and set them on a path towards meaningful employment.
Now with over 50 headspace centres across the country, you can access the headspace Work and Study Program training and the support you need to find your ideal employment opportunities when and where you need it. Our goal is to instil newfound confidence in your ability to build a bright and fulfilling career.
What is the headspace Work and Study Program?
How does the program help you achieve meaningful employment?
Our vocational specialists work with you from the ground up to understand your current situation and goals, matching you with the appropriate supports and training such as:
- Understanding economic basics
- Achieving a bank account and Tax File Number (TFN)
- Creating a resume and cover letter
- Knowing your income support options
- Learning how to job search and submit applications
- Building confidence to approach employers or take on employment opportunities
- Interview skills and preparation
- How to have supportive discussions while employed
- Navigating community support services and Centrelink systems
- How to seek support in the workplace
We also help you break into competitive employment by leaning on our direct connections with local employers. This ensures an open dialogue for us to gain insight into what employers are looking for in potential candidates.
headspace Work and Study program helps young people find a job they enjoy. Our aim is to match you with an employer who prioritises your mental health.
What does success in the program look like?
The headspace Work and Study Program is completely free for young people. So, if you feel like you’ve exhausted every avenue to gain employment on your own, now’s the time to talk to our team of professionals.
With the experience and expertise of our vocational specialists on your side, you can build a better today and tomorrow.
Get in touch:
- headspace Geelong on (03) 5222 6690
- headspace Meadowbrook on (07) 3804 4200
- headspace Townsville on (07) 4799 1799